Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Robert Stack


Robert Stack died in 2003 and would have turned 90 today. I went through the trouble of coloring everything in, but once I converted it to black and white in Photoshop, I was a little more pleased.

Robert Stack starred in several older films I have never seen, but I will always remember him as the host of Unsolved Mysteries. I was in love with that show throughout elementary school and would watch it every Wednesday night. They were all based on true stories, covering everything from murders, kidnappings and the missing; to ghost stories, UFOs, bigfoot, etc. Kind of a non-fiction version of X-Files.

I will also remember him for his great role in Airplane!. Here's a scene where he narrowly escapes an army of soliciting missionaries.

No comments: