Friday, January 16, 2009

Happy Birthday John Carpenter


Wow, 16th day of the year and this is already the 7th person I've drawn who is in their 60's. Probably most famous for Halloween, filmmaker John Carpenter turns 61 today. He has directed several horror/sci-fi greats, but as far as his best work is concerned, my votes will have to go to The Thing and They Live.

FUN FACT: Not only is John Carpenter a fellow Elvis fan, but in 1969's Change of Habit, Elvis played a character named John Carpenter. A few years later, Kurt Russell played Elvis in Elvis, a TV movie directed by Carpenter.

Back to They Live, not only does it star who I always believed to be the WWF's (now WWE) most lovable wrestler Rowdy Roddy Piper, but it gets my vote for Carpenter's best film for this classic scene alone:

4 comments:

Brad said...

Great likeness here, and I really like the lighting!

They Live is one of my favorite movies!! I paid way too much for the DVD on eBay...

jimbodraw said...

One word Zack - awesome!

Craig Zablo said...

Well done. At one time Carpenter was one of my favorite directors. I feel he still has some good stuff in there... he's just got to bring it!

ZackWallenfang.com said...

Well thanks, y'all!