Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Happy Birthday Bill Maher (53) and David Lynch (63)


I'm pretty sure Bill Maher is one of those guys who people either love or hate. I've seen his stand-up show twice, and last fall a third opportunity to see him landed in my lap when someone on Hollywood Blvd. was handing out tickets for a rehearsal of his HBO show Real Time. It was cool to finally see him in his own studio. He was running through a bunch of jokes to see which ones would bomb, so he could weed out the flops before the live taping the following night. I also met him twice, so I guess that makes me one who might "love" him.

Here's a brief clip that even though is a year old, I thought was timely enough.




My first love with David Lynch was when Twin Peaks first aired, long before I actually knew who he was. I was only 9 or 10 years old and never really knew what was going on, but my parents followed it so I enjoyed watching it whenever I could.

And in case you haven't seen this, here is a brief clip of David Lynch on the iphone, followed by an interesting (to say the least) public service commercial he directed for the city of New York.




*Honorable mentions:
Rainn Wilson turns 43
Paul Stanley turns 57
Buzz Aldrin turns 79
George Burns would have been 113

No comments: