Monday, March 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Tammy Faye (3-07-09)


I remember seeing her 2 years ago on Larry King the day before she died from cancer, weighing only 65 pounds (and that was including the makeup). She said she was unable to eat solid food. Yet she still somehow managed to put on ALL of that makeup!

I was first exposed to the Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker story when I was in 1st grade. It was in my first copy of MAD Magazine, and I of course didn't understand the context of the joke until several years later.

It was a drawing (by Mort Drucker, I believe) of Jim Bakker in a hotel room in his underwear, grabbing for Jessica Hahn's ass as she was running from him, topless and covering herself. She says, "Jim Bakker, if we do this, I'll never be able to look your wife in the face again!" Bakker replies, "With the way she wears makeup, it's hard for anyone to look her in the face!"

No comments: